October 2 – 11, 2017 (10 days)
Immerse yourself in the music, art, architecture & history of one of the world's greatest capitals. Vienna has been the magnificent setting for some of the greatest performances, composers, artistic movements and events in history. We'll enjoy an itinerary packed with world-class concerts cherry-picked for us by renowned impresario George Zukerman. You can look forward to evenings of transcendant music in glorious venues and days exploring the city's spectacular cultural legacy at a relaxed pace, all from one convenient centrally-located hotel.
- The Vienna Symphony at the Musikverein Grosser Saal
- Artis Quartet at the Musikverein Brahms Saal
- The Vienna Boys Choir at MuTh, their new Concert Hall with a VIP sparkling wine Meet & Greet reception
- The Vienna State Opera
- The Vienna Academy Orchestra at the Musikverein Grosser Saal
- An extraordinary opportunity to hear Sir András Schiff, famed classical pianist and conductor, in concert!
- plus an evening free to book your own memorable experience!
- Private bus and guide for all local touring.
- Accommodation at the INTERCONTINENTAL HOTEL. Room categories available:
- Classic: 25 sq.m./270 sq.ft.
- Deluxe: 35 sq.m./380 sq.ft.
- Suite: 45 sq.m./490 sq.ft. with Club Lounge access.
- Breakfast (B), Lunch (L) and/or Dinner (D) as noted in itinerary.
- Entrances and special events per itinerary.
- Six special Music events / concerts.
- Special City Tours with local experts.
- Gratuities for drivers and guides.
- Airfare Canada - Vienna - Canada. See Air Options below.
- Most airlines now apply Seat Assignment charges. We will advise you if this is the case, and how much, at time of booking.
- Departure Taxes (approximately $600).
- Travel Insurance.
- Meals not mentioned.
- Drinks and items of a personal nature.
Departure for Europe.
We arrive in the afternoon, transfer to the hotel, check in and have time to relax before dinner. (D)
We begin with a morning City Tour including the Ringstrasse, UNO Centre and such then sit down to a traditional lunch at Café Landtmann next to the Burg Theatre. In the afternoon we’ll enjoy a 2 hour Guided Walking Tour back through the Inner City, past St. Stephens and other landmarks. After time for a brief rest, we have an early dinner at the hotel and then an evening concert. (B,L,D)
CONCERT: Wiener Symphoniker at Musikvereinsaal Grosser Saal (Haydn - Haydn - Beethoven)
We take a morning Walking Tour, starting with the Grosser Musikvereinssaal and then visiting the Haus der Musik (dedicated to Music and composers). The afternoon is at leisure to perhaps visit one of the famous museums: The Art or Natural History Museums, Albertina or one of the others in the Museum Quarter. Our evening concert follows dinner at the hotel. (B,D)
CONCERT: ARTIS QUARTETT at the Musikverein Brahms Saal
Morning drive and visit to the Vienna Zentral Friedhof, the second largest cemetery in the world, and resting place of many famous musicians. Returning to the Centre, you have time for lunch on your own before we enjoy a brief Walking Tour. Exploring the narrow streets and hidden courtyards of the historic quarter, we’ll end with a visit of the Mozarthaus. Returning to the hotel for a brief rest, we’ll then depart for a remarkable 5:30 concert at the MuTh (Konzertsaal Der Wiener Sängerknaben), followed by a very special dinner with breathtaking views of the city. (B,D)
CONCERT: Vienna Boys Choir with Orchestra Camerata Schultz at Konzertsaal MuTh Note: We have reserved the BEST tickets and we will enjoy a special VIP reception with sparkling wine and a chance to meet and greet the Boys’ Choir!
Today’s full day tour includes lunch, as we travel to Eisenstadt where we will visit Esterhazy Palace and the Bergkirche with the Haydn Mausoleum. Then we return to Vienna for some time at leisure and dinner on your own before the Opera. (B,L)
CONCERT: Wiener Staatsoper
The morning is free for you to enjoy the city, go to Mass or take an optional side tour to the Spanish Riding School. Early in the afternoon we visit Schoenbrunn Palace, inextricably linked to Empress Maria Theresia, whose 300th birthday is marked this year. Then there’s time to rest before dinner and our concert. (B,D)
CONCERT: Wiener Akademie at the Musikvereinsaal Grosser Saal (Bruch - Bruckner)
We have a day trip to the celebrated Vienna Woods, with a visit to Heiligenkreuz Abbey and the monks’ choral noon prayer service. After lunch at the Abbey we drive through the Helene Valley to nearby Baden, long a refuge for the Viennese nobility. There we’ll have a lovely Walking Tour of the Biedermeier town centre with an exclusive visit to the Beethovenhaus before returning for an early dinner before this evening’s concert. (B,L,D)
CONCERT: Sir András Schiff piano recital at the Musikvereinsaal Grosser Saal
The day is at leisure, with an opportunity to schedule a concert or opera of your choosing. (B)
We transfer to the airport for our flight home.